International Research and Education Fellowships
The OSDC PIRE program provided 75+ competitive summer fellowships abroad at one of our
international partner sites to qualified graduate students and early
career scientists to develop skills in data intensive
computing and work on research projects involving big data and cloud computing.
The summer fellowship program period has ended and is no longer taking applications.
The following are required to be considered eligible for an OSDC PIRE fellowship:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder.)
- Must be a graduate student, senior undergrad, postdoc, or early career faculty.
- Must be actively conducting research in a field related to computing or a data intensive science.
- Must have strong academic qualifications and some experience computer programming.
- Must submit a completed application including a supporting letter of recommendation by the deadline.
The fellowship application involves the following:
- A completed applicant information form submitted online via the apply page.
- A 1-2 page statement of interest and intent, uploaded with the applicant information form.
- Curriculum Vitae (1-2 pages), uploaded with the applicant information form.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s advisor
emailed directly to pire (at) opensciencedatacloud.org.
The OSDC PIRE summer program period has ended and is no longer taking applications.
The deadline for all application materials in consideration for fellowship opportunities
for Summer 2015 is **March 31, 2015**.
See the Frequently Asked Questions page.