Apply for an OSDC PIRE fellowship.
The summer fellowship program period has ended and is no longer taking applications.
The fellowship application involves the following:
- A completed applicant information form submitted online here:
Applicant information form
- A 1-2 page statement of interest and intent, uploaded with the applicant information form.
- Explain what you have been studying/ researching in your academic program, how it is related to cloud computing and data intensive science, what interests you in the OSDC-PIRE research suite, what makes you an outstanding candidate (special scientific, technological, language skills, etc.)
- Describe your experience with the following topics:
- Research interests and how computation, data storage, mining and retrieval is important to that research
- Experience developing, implementing, debugging, and maintaining applications
- Experience with complex problem solving and high technical development of activities
- Curriculum Vitae (1-2 pages), uploaded with the applicant information form.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s advisor
emailed directly to pire (at) opensciencedatacloud.org.
Please remember that the following are required to be considered eligible for an OSDC PIRE fellowship:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder.)
- Must be a graduate student, senior undergrad, postdoc, or early career faculty.
- Must be actively conducting research in a field involving computing or a data intensive science.
- Must have strong academic qualifications and some experience computer programming.
- Must submit a completed application including a supporting letter of recommendation by the
February 28, 2015March 31, 2015.