OSDC Tutorials & Awareness Workshops 2012
- Robert Grossman, Heidi Alvarez and Cindy Rogowski hosted Awareness Workshops throughout this reporting period. These workshops began in September 2011 until April 2012. The workshops took place on the campuses of the University of Chicago and Florida International University, and also at the Supercomputing Conference in Seattle. The average attendance to the awareness workshops ranged from 5 – 15 attendees.
- December 2, 2011 at FIU
- January 24 & 25, 2012 at FIU
- February 17, 2012 at FIU
- February 23, 2012 at UCSB
- April 19, 2012 at University of Chicago
Courses and Tutorials
- At the Supercomputing 2011 Conference in Seattle on November 14, 2011, Robert Grossman gave a tutorial titled “An Introduction to Data Intensive Computing.” Over 200 people attended this course.
- Robert Grossman taught a two-day course on data intensive computing and data intensive science at the University of Chicago on May 30 and 31, 2012. The audience included approximately 60 students, faculty, and staff.
- Robert Grossman and Malcolm Atkinson will teach a week-long course on cloud computing, data intensive computing, and data intensive science in Edinburgh, Scotland from July 15, 2012 – July 19, 2012. Attendance to this course is expected to include approximately 35 graduate students, early career scientists, and also other OSDC foreign collaborators.