OSDC PIRE Workshops and Tutorials 2010-2011
- A PIRE Awareness Talk was given at Supercomputing 2010 on November 17, 2010 to expose interested faculty members and students to the OSDC PIRE opportunities available beginning in 2011.
- PI Robert Grossman also gave two informal talks at Supercomputing 10 introducing the OSDC to small groups.
- The University of Illinois at Chicago, the University of Chicago, and the Open Cloud Consortium shared a research exhibit booth at Supercomputing 2010, and information was provided to the attendees about the OSDC and the OSDC PIRE Project.
- Three Awareness Workshops were given at Florida International University on April 27th, May 18th, and May 19, 2011.
- Two Awareness Workshops were given at University of Chicago on September 21st and September 22nd, 2011.
- A two day meeting was held in Chicago on April 12 and 13, 2011 that was co-sponsored by the OSDC. Topics included the following:
- scientific cloud applications
- cloud computing for disaster relief
- data center and cloud networking, and cloud software stacks
- An OSDC Application Workshop was held at the University of Chicago on June 27th and June 28th, 2011.